Here are some suggestions for what you can start doing now to prepare for high school, college, and beyond!
- Work at developing good study habits. Successful Study Techniques
- Maintain good grades.
- Get involved in extracurricular activities like clubs, student organizations, sports and volunteer work. If you're given opportunities to pursue academic subjects and extracurricular activities that are new to you, take them!
- Look into additional academic options that may be available in your area, such as magnet programs and school enrichment programs.
- Practice your time management skills. Time Management 101
- Improve your reading, writing and math skills.
- Counselors, teachers, parents and friends are all good sources of information. Ask them any questions you have about college, in addition to doing research on your own.
- Study hard! Make sure you use good study habits and keep your grades up. Successful Study Techniques
- Start thinking about the courses you'll take in 9th grade. Your Plan of Study
- Find out about academic enrichment programs, including summer and weekend programs, available through your school or local colleges.
- Don't forget about extracurricular activities like sports, performing arts, volunteer work or other activities that interest you.
- Start looking into honors-level courses you can take in high school to help you prepare for college.
- Start saving for college. You might want to consider signing up for a college savings account. College Savings Calculator